POWER BOOK II: GHOST SEASON TWO IS SET TO DEBUT THIS NOVEMBER
September 17, 2021
By Tyrone E Jennings II, B.A.
Music and Entertainment Writer
Starz and the cast of the hit cable television show “Power” has officially announced that “Power Book II: Ghost” Season Two is coming to your living room on November 21, 2021. It is going to be interesting to say the least. Let us travel back down memory lane to 2015 when Mary J. Blige played the wicked witch in the “The Wiz Live” on NBC. Blige sung the song “Don’t Nobody Bring Me No Bad News” well in “Power Book II: Ghost” bad news is sure to mean that someone is going to end up at the morgue with at least two bullets in them, and she keeps it 100 when she routinely says, “I’m the wrong B to mess with.” Blige plays the drug kingpin mother Monet Stewart Tejada, and she’s taught her whole family the drug business. She keeps it 100 with them all. Her Husband, Lorenzo Tejada (Berto Colon) is serving a 25-year sentence in federal prison. He still has control.
Courtney A. Kemp, the show’s executive producer has done an excellent job at leading us through the Power journey. It is just a remarkable story, compelling plot, and something we can all relate to on one level or another. “The chickens are all going to come home to roost. Season two is going to be about consequences,sex (and how the emotions that go with it cloud your judgement),and of course murders,” she told us at the end of season 1 of Power Book II: Ghost.
Here is how it is projected to go down:
Tasha St. Patrick (Naturi Naughton) is out of prison and in witness protection after she lied in court throwing Tommy Eagan under the bus for the murder of her husband James St. Patrick (Ghost). So, we won’t be seeing much of her, but we know her character, and my guess is she’s going to find a way to keep watch or her son.
There are some serious problems to be dealt with in season 2.
- Tariq referenced the hit De La Soul song “Me, Myself and I,” but instead of saying it is just me, myself, and I he says, “It’s always comes down to me, my family, and a gun,” as he fires the fatal shot into his professor’s head Jabari Reynolds (Justin Marcel McManus). Who was on to his drug dealing, knew about his family past, and was already playing him stupid.
- Cane Tejada (Woody McClain) has him by the balls now because he has now witnessed him killing Professor Jabari. Notice the smile on his face after the murder was complete.
- Stanfield University has some serious public relations problems to deal with. A murder on the campus is still under investigation, illegal and illicit drugs are being sold widespread on campus, and now a professor is dead.
- Tariq could very well at the very least end up suspended from school during the investigation if it somehow comes out that he could be connected to murder of Professor Jabari. That would leave him totally to working the streets.
- Plus, a faculty member is having a sexual relationship with a school basketball player. He is Monet’s nephew Ezekiel “Zeke” Cross (Daniel Tyler Bernstine) who is scared as hell because he is on academic probation, and he thinks the police is going to tie his family to the drowning in the school swimming pool to him, so he may not get drafted by the National Basketball Association (NBA). He is still suspended from shooting hoops.
- Monet has accepted Tariq into her drug business that is now struggling to survive, and he has already used up his one opportunity to play her for a fool and still be alive.
- Monet now knows that her son Cane Tejada (Woody McClain) has killed detective Raimez. He is the detective that covered the families drug dealing related murders and kept the COPS off their backs.
- In Monet Stewart Tejadas world it is just too risky and expensive to be a fool, but now she is working blindly.
- Tariq still must graduate with a 3.5 grade point average or better before he can get his hands on one red cent of his inheritance money from the St. Patrick estate that he has already used as collateral with Simon Stern and Sterns young gay lover.
Now thanks to Tariq the FBI thinks that Tommy Eagan was cremated in the car crash that was led by Tasha St. Patrick and the FBI, but he is very much alive and owes Tasha a shot to the head.
Tommy is tough and emotional at the same time, so we will all be on the edge of our seats to find out how his statement to Tariq telling him to tell his mom to get her affairs in order plays out. It can only mean two things:
- Get her grave ready and estate together.
- Live her life on the up and up and legal from now on and leave him the hell alone. It is in her best to let him be dead.
Monet knows he is not dead because she is the reason, we all got a good laugh when Tommy asked, “Who the hell are you rolling with has the balls to pull a strap on me?’ It was her in all her glamor at the cemetery while Tasha was making her final physical visit to the grave of her daughter Raina St. Patrick before she was rushed off into protection. The look and element of surprise on his face was astounding. Monet now knows for a fact that Tariq really did murder Ghost, and he admitted it. Now he is stuck. The secret is out.
Tariqs love life is going to be something for us to pay attention to. Kemp revealed.
We’ll see, He is different from Ghost in that regard because he simply does not seem to get attached to the women who are falling in love with him. He keeps them at a distance, and he really does not play kiss and tell at all. Knocking boots just has not been at the top of his priority list because he is extremely focused on his mission (protecting his family). Simply put: He just has not been able to enjoy the beauty love and dating because he has been fighting off hungry lions and tigers for a long time now.
He can’t afford to hurt Monets’ daughter Diana Tejada, because if she starts messing up because of her emotional relationship with him, then Monet will have no problem shutting it right down. That could be big trouble for him.
Cane already do not like him, so an order to kill him would be just what he wants.
Ghost will never die! He is very much alive in Tariq and how he handles things. There is a difference though. Ghost clearly had anger issues. Tariq is a cool calm brother! Even when he is very pissed off!
Now the show’s creators have not revealed how Tariqs roomie Brayden Weston ( Gianni Paolo) is going to keep the drugs moving on campus. The boy has soul in him and can hold it down, but he just talks too much. Plus, all eyes are going to be on the university. The same kind of bond that Ghost and Tommy had is already shaping in Tariq and his roomie. That is going to be a wait and see, I think. Tariq is still testing him and teaching him at the same time. Brayden likes the drug dealing life, but he has not had to kill anyone, yet. Not even an overdose has on campus.
- Brayden just might have to run the operation on campus while Tariq handle his business on the streets.
Will Tariq have to kill his roomies now x-girlfriend? She knows the scoop for sure now. She was in the court room.
She carried out Cooper Sax’s plan to trap Tariq by putting the sedative hypnotic sleeping drug Ambien in his drink causing him to sleepwalk to the cemetery and confess to his dads’ murder at his grave site recording the video on a cell phone. Fortunately, Tariq was able to remember it and tell on the witness stand in court. Therefore, saving his mom because of the botched case.
This winter is going to be great after “Power Book II: Ghost” season 2 hits air. Now that Professor Jabari is dead Tariq is going to need an alibi, and it is going to have to come from Brayden or one of the women that are in love with him. Brayden is sure to question why knowing what his x-girlfriend has told him.
Tasha St. Patrick has failed in her attempt to buy Tariq out of “The Game” from Monet. She needs him right now, and she simply was not going to let him out like that. He knows too much at this point. Again, Monet is not anybody’s fool and bad news does end well with her. He can never break her rules again now. Lorenzo Tejada will surly find out where is mom is from inside his prison network.
We did see some emotion and compassion from her while Tasha St. Patrick was pleading for his release. The look on her face showed it all. As only Mary J. Blige can do. It is just a classic look she always has.
There is no doubt that it will be an emotional roller coaster. Tariq really does want to live a normal life, but he is hooked into criminal activity for now. We may cry and laugh as we follow Tariq through college with all the murders he has under his belt, what happens with his mom and sister Yasmin, what happens with Tommy, and Tariqs job of working “The Game” all alone with the Tejada family at odds with each other. That is one enormous difference between him and his dad. Ghost always had Tommy and Tasha. Tariq cannot trust anyone at all.
Tasha’s Defense Attorney Davis Maclean (Rapper Method Man) and Cooper Sax (Shane Johnson) are up to no good and still cannot be trusted. They are crooked as hell.
We will not see as much of Tommy as we are used too (if at all). Remember he is dead and now secretly starting a new life after losing everything and everyone he loved.
Oh! We simply cannot forget about Cash whom Tommy loves and is checking up on.
The show’s creators have not even spoken about how his life is going to play out. Will he eventually end up in the game as well? He has grown up quite a bit from his mother’s murder.
Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and the entire cast along with everyone in the writers’ room have made huge slam dunks with this television show. Personally, I watched the entire show over a three-week period. I did not expect to become a fan. I am hooked!
“Power” is Phenomenal. I hope to see it continue for many seasons to come. Tariq must stay alive. Hopefully, he can always stay two-steps ahead of the Tejada family.
“Power: Book II Ghost” season two is scheduled to first premier on the Starz mobile app, and then follow-on local cable television Starz channels worldwide.
Starz has already approved “Power: Book III Raising Kanan” for its second season.
Please feel free to like, comment and share, but please remember to keep comments respectful. I really want to know how you think Power : Book II (Ghost) Season Two will unfold.